Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Keeping multiple sheets synchronized

Hello, I hope I can obtain an efficient method of accomplishing the following task

I have an Excel XP file in which there are several sheets. The names of the sheets and the quantity of sheets are relatively static. The main sheet is the PROGRAM sheet. All other sheets in the file are related to the data in the PROGRAM sheet based on rows

The Catch: The number of rows in the PROGRAM sheet grows and shrinks

The Problem: Keep all the sheets in the file synchronized with the PROGRAM sheet

For example, if row 247 on the PROGRAM sheet is deleted, then row 247 needs to be deleted from all the other sheets in the file. If a new row is inserted at row 89 on the PROGRAM sheet, then a new row needs to be inserted at row 89 on all the other sheets in the file.

The PROGRAM sheet is ALWAYS the catalyst of change. There will be at least a half dozen users of the file. So I need some way to always protect the synchronicity of the rows regardless of how they are inserted or deleted from the PROGRAM sheet

If you have a suggestion and it involves coding, please include the code in your reply. Thanks very much in advance to all who respond to this challenging problem

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

the only thing that i can think of is (and i use the short
cut method for this one) =SUM(sheet1!A35) now mind you
this is only an example of the code. cause all you do is
click the desired box, click the sum button on the menu
bar, go to the desired page, and click the cell to which
you want to link it to.

hope that helped.

.