Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I get synchronized windows?

In 1-2-3 you used to be able to force two windows viewing the same sheet but
widely different rows to keep their viewed columns oin step. This facility
still exists at least in Excel 2003 as an inherited relic from an imported
file, but I cannot find out how to set it up in a new spreadsheet. The two
synchronized windows can have independent excel-style splits allowing
further different ranges of rows to be viewed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In 2007 View--Window--Split
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"harry46" wrote:

In 1-2-3 you used to be able to force two windows viewing the same sheet but
widely different rows to keep their viewed columns oin step. This facility
still exists at least in Excel 2003 as an inherited relic from an imported
file, but I cannot find out how to set it up in a new spreadsheet. The two
synchronized windows can have independent excel-style splits allowing
further different ranges of rows to be viewed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In 2003 WindowNew window followed by WindowArrangeHorizontal

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"harry46" wrote:

In 1-2-3 you used to be able to force two windows viewing the same sheet but
widely different rows to keep their viewed columns oin step. This facility
still exists at least in Excel 2003 as an inherited relic from an imported
file, but I cannot find out how to set it up in a new spreadsheet. The two
synchronized windows can have independent excel-style splits allowing
further different ranges of rows to be viewed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Only way to get old 1-2-3 style window sync (so you see Vsync and HSync in
caption) is with macro:

Windows.Arrange ActiveWorkbook:=True, synchorizontal:=true,
syncvertical:=true

to undo set both to false,