Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Web Query - No data

Hi all

I'm experiencing some problems with a web query I wrote a few days ago

We have a website that generates reports and the url of my web query point
to an asp page in this website. The problem is that sometimes it works and sometime
it doesn't. The query has never changed and I can't understand why it doesn't work all the time??
When it doesn't work, you can go to Internet exporer and type the url that failed in the web query and the website will serve you the page as expected

Has anyone experience a problem like this
Any hints as to what might be causing the problems

Below you can see my code

strQuery = "URL;" & strLocation &
"?txtID=" & CStr(lngReportID) &
"&txtFromDate=" & Format$(dtmFromDate, "dd/mm/yyyy") &
"&txtToDate=" & Format$(dtmToDate, "dd/mm/yyyy"

' objWs is a worsheet objec
' objQTB is a query table objec
Set objQTB = objWS.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=strQuery, Destination:=Range("A1")

The above is the line where it fails

Error message
The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailabl

However if I copy the url from the query string and past it into Internet explorer it works just fine..

Yago