Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Library

Hi,

How can I make a macro library that will be available for every new an
existing workbook?

Thanks in advance,

Bra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If its just for you, put them in Personal.xls. If its for many, create an
addin, and put the macros in there.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"bramweisman " wrote in message

How can I make a macro library that will be available for every new and
existing workbook?

Thanks in advance,

Bram

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, Bob.

Thanks for the tip. I've successfully implemented the "add-in" scheme
But I wanted to fully understand the Personal.xls approach. I trie
that, but it didn't seem to help a new workbook.
Can you explain a bit more?

Thanks again,

Bra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bram,

Not sure what more I can explain, but here goes.

Personal.xls is at is says a personal workbook, where you can store things
just for your Excel implementation. It is special in that when Excel starts,
Personal.xls is automatically opened, and is hidden. It is normally stored
in the XLStart directory, which differs from OS to OS. If you record a
macro, you will be given an option to store it in Personal.xls. This is a
good way to create that workbook as it doesn't exist by default, and you can
delete the macro afterwards.

Anything else I can tell you?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"bramweisman " wrote in message
Hi, Bob.

Thanks for the tip. I've successfully implemented the "add-in" scheme.
But I wanted to fully understand the Personal.xls approach. I tried
that, but it didn't seem to help a new workbook.
Can you explain a bit more?

Thanks again,

Bram

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

Thanks for teaching me.

Bram

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've generated a macro (MyPi) in my personal workbook (as you described earlier) but when I try to access it from another workbook I get the message "Sub or Function not defined." The statement in the other workbook is "MyPi Pi" since MyPi has one argument. Is there something else I must to to make MyPi accessible in another workbook besides storing it in PERSONAL? Thanks

----- Bob Phillips wrote: ----

Bram

Not sure what more I can explain, but here goes

Personal.xls is at is says a personal workbook, where you can store thing
just for your Excel implementation. It is special in that when Excel starts
Personal.xls is automatically opened, and is hidden. It is normally store
in the XLStart directory, which differs from OS to OS. If you record
macro, you will be given an option to store it in Personal.xls. This is
good way to create that workbook as it doesn't exist by default, and you ca
delete the macro afterwards

Anything else I can tell you

--

HT

Bob Phillip
... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbeck
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct

"bramweisman " wrote in messag
..
Hi, Bob
Thanks for the tip. I've successfully implemented the "add-in" scheme

But I wanted to fully understand the Personal.xls approach. I trie
that, but it didn't seem to help a new workbook
Can you explain a bit more
Thanks again
Bra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.Run "Personal.xls!MyPi", arg1

will run it from VBA.

if it is a function and you are using it in a cell

='Personal.xls'!MyPi(arg1)

Tom Ogilvy