Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Macro Library

Application.Run "Personal.xls!MyPi", arg1

will run it from VBA.

if it is a function and you are using it in a cell

='Personal.xls'!MyPi(arg1)

Tom Ogilvy

"Vicki Kane" wrote in message
I've generated a macro (MyPi) in my personal workbook (as you described

earlier) but when I try to access it from another workbook I get the message
"Sub or Function not defined." The statement in the other workbook is "MyPi
Pi" since MyPi has one argument. Is there something else I must to to make
MyPi accessible in another workbook besides storing it in PERSONAL? Thanks.

----- Bob Phillips wrote: -----

Bram,

Not sure what more I can explain, but here goes.

Personal.xls is at is says a personal workbook, where you can store

things
just for your Excel implementation. It is special in that when Excel

starts,
Personal.xls is automatically opened, and is hidden. It is normally

stored
in the XLStart directory, which differs from OS to OS. If you record

macro, you will be given an option to store it in Personal.xls. This

is a
good way to create that workbook as it doesn't exist by default, and

you can
delete the macro afterwards.

Anything else I can tell you?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"bramweisman " wrote in

message
Hi, Bob.
Thanks for the tip. I've successfully implemented the "add-in"

scheme.
But I wanted to fully understand the Personal.xls approach. I

tried
that, but it didn't seem to help a new workbook.
Can you explain a bit more?
Thanks again,
Bram
---