Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Library

Bram,

Not sure what more I can explain, but here goes.

Personal.xls is at is says a personal workbook, where you can store things
just for your Excel implementation. It is special in that when Excel starts,
Personal.xls is automatically opened, and is hidden. It is normally stored
in the XLStart directory, which differs from OS to OS. If you record a
macro, you will be given an option to store it in Personal.xls. This is a
good way to create that workbook as it doesn't exist by default, and you can
delete the macro afterwards.

Anything else I can tell you?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"bramweisman " wrote in message
Hi, Bob.

Thanks for the tip. I've successfully implemented the "add-in" scheme.
But I wanted to fully understand the Personal.xls approach. I tried
that, but it didn't seem to help a new workbook.
Can you explain a bit more?

Thanks again,

Bram

---