Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA - Importing columns from different sheets

I'm currently trying to write a Macro that will do the following:

1) Go to first row of a column on spreadsheet 1 and copy its contents.
2) Go to spreadsheet two and search for what was copied(It's all in
single column
3) Extract the ID number from that row and copy it(same row as above
just different column)
column of the original row.

Now, I got a for loop that will go through all of spreadsheet 1, an
with each iteration will concatenate the incrementing value with th
row. Once it acquires the data, it should paste it back into th
correct row and column of the first spreadsheet.

However, I am having problems with the data that needs to be copied an
search for on the two spreadsheets. I want the data that is bein
copied and searched to change with iteration, yet don't know how to d
this, as atm the variables are all static.

Suggestions anyone