Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nora

Default multiple sheets when importing into excel

When I us Client Access to create a txt file and load into excel large files
will generate multiple sheets. When I manualy create a txt file from a unix
server and try to import it into excel it aborts at 65 thousand some records.
How can I import large files into excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Microsoft has a macro solution that may help:

XL: Importing Text Files Larger Than 16384 Rows
(written for xl95, but has a note to change stuff for xl97+)

I'd just use my favorite text editor and split the data into smaller pieces--and
then import each piece to a new worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson