Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Moving in multi-sheet document

A couple of simple questions that I can't find an answer to. Any hel
gratefully received! I'm using Excel 2000.

I have a document containing about 40 pages. To simplify navigation
I've set up an index page. When I open the file, I'd like it to open a
sheet1 (index) automatically - is this possible?

I'm using simple macro buttons to move. I can get to the sheet OK, bu
I've added code to move the cursor to cell A1 - Range ("A1").select
but this generates an error code. There must be a better way to d
this - any ideas?

Regards,

Stuart Hasting

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put this code in your workbook module.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
Range("A1").Activate
End Sub

HTH.
A couple of simple questions that I can't find an answer

to. Any help
gratefully received! I'm using Excel 2000.

I have a document containing about 40 pages. To simplify

navigation,
I've set up an index page. When I open the file, I'd like

it to open at
sheet1 (index) automatically - is this possible?

I'm using simple macro buttons to move. I can get to the

sheet OK, but
I've added code to move the cursor to cell A1 - Range

("A1").select -
but this generates an error code. There must be a better

way to do
this - any ideas?

Regards,

Stuart Hastings

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks - I can now get the workbook to open at the index sheet. However, I
still get an error when moving between sheets when I try to get the cursor
placed into cell A1.

The script I'm using is simply:

Sheets("Servers - Suppliers").Select
Range("A1").Select

Can anyone suggest a method that works, please?

"Brad" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ignore previous post. I've found a method of gettnig this to work. It may
not be the best, but it's effective!

Application.Goto Reference:=Worksheets("Servers - Firmware").Range("A1"), _
Scroll:=True