Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Drop down menus...

Hello all

I have read the posts in this newsgroup regarding how to add a drop down menu to a cell in Excel. However, they all refer to the "data validation" type of list answer

I am more interested along the lines of adding a true menu to a cell like you would add a menu to the Excel Worksheet Menu Bar (where File, Help, etc. are located), but again putting it inside of a cell (using a control?)..

Basically, I have added a menu to the Worksheet Menu Bar, but now I want to MOVE it to a "cell" on the worksheet... What control would I use to do that? Again, was not looking for the "data validation" answer, was looking more for a control/programming answer like I originally did when I added a new menu to the Worksheet Menu Bar

Some of my original code was to add a menu to the Worksheet Menu Bar was

Dim objEnterProjectInfo As CommandBarButto
Dim objNewMenu As CommandBarPopu
Dim objHelpMenu As CommandBarContro

' Some code omitte

'Find the Help Men
Set objHelpMenu = Application.CommandBars(1).FindControl(ID:=30010
If (objHelpMenu Is Nothing) The
Set objNewMenu = Application.CommandBars(1).Controls.Add(Type:=msoC ontrolPopup, temporary:=True
objNewMenu.Caption = "Some Text
Els
'Add the menu before the Help men
Set objNewMenu = Application.CommandBars(1).Controls.Add(Type:=msoC ontrolPopup,
befo=objHelpMenu.Index,
temporary:=True
objNewMenu.Caption = "Some Text
End I

' First *Menu* ite
Set objEnterProjectInfo = objNewMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton
With objEnterProjectInf
.Caption = "Open Project...
.FaceId = 16
.OnAction = "RSMA.LoadProjectInfo
End Wit

Can I do something "similiar" to this inside a cell? Any info would be appreciated..

Thank you very much in advance

bl