Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Drop down menus...

Hello all

I have read the posts in this newsgroup regarding how to add a drop down menu to a cell in Excel. However, they all refer to the "data validation" type of list answer

I am more interested along the lines of adding a true menu to a cell like you would add a menu to the Excel Worksheet Menu Bar (where File, Help, etc. are located), but again putting it inside of a cell (using a control?)..

Basically, I have added a menu to the Worksheet Menu Bar, but now I want to MOVE it to a "cell" on the worksheet... What control would I use to do that? Again, was not looking for the "data validation" answer, was looking more for a control/programming answer like I originally did when I added a new menu to the Worksheet Menu Bar

Some of my original code was to add a menu to the Worksheet Menu Bar was

Dim objEnterProjectInfo As CommandBarButto
Dim objNewMenu As CommandBarPopu
Dim objHelpMenu As CommandBarContro

' Some code omitte

'Find the Help Men
Set objHelpMenu = Application.CommandBars(1).FindControl(ID:=30010
If (objHelpMenu Is Nothing) The
Set objNewMenu = Application.CommandBars(1).Controls.Add(Type:=msoC ontrolPopup, temporary:=True
objNewMenu.Caption = "Some Text
Els
'Add the menu before the Help men
Set objNewMenu = Application.CommandBars(1).Controls.Add(Type:=msoC ontrolPopup,
befo=objHelpMenu.Index,
temporary:=True
objNewMenu.Caption = "Some Text
End I

' First *Menu* ite
Set objEnterProjectInfo = objNewMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton
With objEnterProjectInf
.Caption = "Open Project...
.FaceId = 16
.OnAction = "RSMA.LoadProjectInfo
End Wit

Can I do something "similiar" to this inside a cell? Any info would be appreciated..

Thank you very much in advance

bl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The right-click commandbar for a cell is called 'Cell', so use this instead
of 'Worksheet Menu Bar'.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"blc" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have read the posts in this newsgroup regarding how to add a drop down

menu to a cell in Excel. However, they all refer to the "data validation"
type of list answer.

I am more interested along the lines of adding a true menu to a cell like

you would add a menu to the Excel Worksheet Menu Bar (where File, Help, etc.
are located), but again putting it inside of a cell (using a control?)...

Basically, I have added a menu to the Worksheet Menu Bar, but now I want

to MOVE it to a "cell" on the worksheet... What control would I use to do
that? Again, was not looking for the "data validation" answer, was looking
more for a control/programming answer like I originally did when I added a
new menu to the Worksheet Menu Bar.

Some of my original code was to add a menu to the Worksheet Menu Bar was:

Dim objEnterProjectInfo As CommandBarButton
Dim objNewMenu As CommandBarPopup
Dim objHelpMenu As CommandBarControl

' Some code omitted

'Find the Help Menu
Set objHelpMenu = Application.CommandBars(1).FindControl(ID:=30010)
If (objHelpMenu Is Nothing) Then
Set objNewMenu =

Application.CommandBars(1).Controls.Add(Type:=msoC ontrolPopup,
temporary:=True)
objNewMenu.Caption = "Some Text"
Else
'Add the menu before the Help menu
Set objNewMenu =

Application.CommandBars(1).Controls.Add(Type:=msoC ontrolPopup, _

befo=objHelpMenu.Index, _

temporary:=True)
objNewMenu.Caption = "Some Text"
End If

' First *Menu* item
Set objEnterProjectInfo =

objNewMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
With objEnterProjectInfo
.Caption = "Open Project..."
.FaceId = 162
.OnAction = "RSMA.LoadProjectInfo"
End With

Can I do something "similiar" to this inside a cell? Any info would be

appreciated...

Thank you very much in advance,

blc