Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Drop down menus...

The Caption property will give it text, the FaceId property gives it an
icon.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"blc" wrote in message
Thanks Bob. I will experiment with this, but I have another quick

question: Will there be an icon visble there so the user's can see that
there is something to click?

Thank you again,

blc

----- Bob Phillips wrote: -----

The right-click commandbar for a cell is called 'Cell', so use this

instead
of 'Worksheet Menu Bar'.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"blc" wrote in message
Hello all,
I have read the posts in this newsgroup regarding how to add a

drop down
menu to a cell in Excel. However, they all refer to the "data

validation"
type of list answer.
I am more interested along the lines of adding a true menu to a

cell like
you would add a menu to the Excel Worksheet Menu Bar (where File,

Help, etc.
are located), but again putting it inside of a cell (using a

control?)...
Basically, I have added a menu to the Worksheet Menu Bar, but now

I want
to MOVE it to a "cell" on the worksheet... What control would I use

to do
that? Again, was not looking for the "data validation" answer, was

looking
more for a control/programming answer like I originally did when I

added a
new menu to the Worksheet Menu Bar.
Some of my original code was to add a menu to the Worksheet Menu

Bar was:
Dim objEnterProjectInfo As CommandBarButton

Dim objNewMenu As CommandBarPopup
Dim objHelpMenu As CommandBarControl
' Some code omitted
'Find the Help Menu

Set objHelpMenu =

Application.CommandBars(1).FindControl(ID:=30010)
If (objHelpMenu Is Nothing) Then
Set objNewMenu =

Application.CommandBars(1).Controls.Add(Type:=msoC ontrolPopup,
temporary:=True)
objNewMenu.Caption = "Some Text"
Else
'Add the menu before the Help menu
Set objNewMenu =

Application.CommandBars(1).Controls.Add(Type:=msoC ontrolPopup, _

befo=objHelpMenu.Index, _

temporary:=True)
objNewMenu.Caption = "Some Text"
End If
' First *Menu* item

Set objEnterProjectInfo =

objNewMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
With objEnterProjectInfo
.Caption = "Open Project..."
.FaceId = 162
.OnAction = "RSMA.LoadProjectInfo"
End With
Can I do something "similiar" to this inside a cell? Any info

would be
appreciated...
Thank you very much in advance,
blc