Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SendKeys, Windows Active screen Question..Pls Help!!!

Hi
I would highly appreciate your help with this. I am
building a macro who main job is to take a list of part
numbers from active Excel Sheet & enter them one by one
using SendKeys command to another Windows application
(which does not support import of data). I know how
SendKeys work but following is where I get stuck on.
When Keys are being send to this other application window
if some other screen pops up (e.g part not found) it
crashes as it just wont stop until it has sent out all the
keystroke.
Is there a way to know what my Current Active Window Title
is (not for Excel but Active Window Title)& way to switch
to it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Rumil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have this same problem at work. The only solution I have found is to
send the keys for a copy command then past the results the compare the
results to some type of logic that will let you determine if a window
has popped up or changed. Also I do beleive there is a Windows API
routine for finding the active window, you might want to search for
that.

Keith
www.ktjfs.com

---