Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default AsktoUpdateLinks Property

I've created a macro to extract data from multiple excel
files and insert it in a database. These files have links
embedded. How do I turn off the update link message. I
have many files so I don't want to go in each and turn it
off manually. I tried...

Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False
Set tmpwrk = xls.Workbooks.Open(fil.Path)
Application.AsktoUpdateLinks = True

...but it is not working. I'm using Excel 2002. Thanks.

Mike B.