Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Default VBA project unviewable in office 97

I've developed my VBA project in office XP and want to distribute it to PCs with office 97. I realised that I'd have to play about with bits of the code on an older machine before I could send it out, but thought I'd at least be able to view and edit the code. If I open the project in Office 97 it tells me the project is unavaliable for viewing. I've looked in the Knoledge base, and found this: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;169374 but my workbook isn't shared.

Any suggestions??
Thanks in advance
Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rob,

Did you password protect the VBProject in XP? If so, it can't be
opened in 97. You need to open it in XP and remove the password
if you want to edit the code in 97.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Rob" wrote in message
I've developed my VBA project in office XP and want to

distribute it to PCs with office 97. I realised that I'd have to
play about with bits of the code on an older machine before I
could send it out, but thought I'd at least be able to view and
edit the code. If I open the project in Office 97 it tells me
the project is unavaliable for viewing. I've looked in the
Knoledge base, and found this:
but my workbook isn't shared.

Any suggestions??
Thanks in advance
Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rob

If you protect your VBA code in Excel 2000-2002 you can't view it in Excel 97.
I always protect(VBA) my workbooks in Excel 97 before I distribute it

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Rob" wrote in message ...
I've developed my VBA project in office XP and want to distribute it to PCs with office 97. I realised that I'd have to play

about with bits of the code on an older machine before I could send it out, but thought I'd at least be able to view and edit
the code. If I open the project in Office 97 it tells me the project is unavaliable for viewing. I've looked in the Knoledge
base, and found this: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;169374 but my workbook isn't shared.

Any suggestions??
Thanks in advance
Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

I've tried that, and it still comes up with the same error message. Any other posibilities?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

It turns out that the problem WAS with the protection. My project was protected and I thought it wasn't. sorry ;)