Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB project locked and unviewable

I have a VBA project that I created for my worksheet. WHen
I try to view it in the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor, the
following error message may appear

Project Locked
Project is unviewable

even though I did not lock the project for viewing in the
properties for the project. This message also appears if I
click VBAProject Properties on the Tools menu in the
Microsoft Visual Basic Editor.

I read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 211792, which
says that this occurs due to workbook sharing -- except
that this is not a shared workbook.

The macros work fine, but I cannot edit them anymore. How
do I unlock my project so I can continue to work on them?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Eric L. Vogel" wrote in message ...
I have a VBA project that I created for my worksheet. WHen
I try to view it in the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor, the
following error message may appear

Project Locked
Project is unviewable

even though I did not lock the project for viewing in the
properties for the project. This message also appears if I
click VBAProject Properties on the Tools menu in the
Microsoft Visual Basic Editor.

I read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 211792, which
says that this occurs due to workbook sharing -- except
that this is not a shared workbook.

The macros work fine, but I cannot edit them anymore. How
do I unlock my project so I can continue to work on them?

Can you export the code modules?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately, the Export option is disabled in the File menu.

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did check File Save As, saved a new copy, with the same result in the
copy. There were no options in Save As that had any effect.