Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sharing data on a worksheet over the internet?

Hello Everyone,

I am using Excel 2000 and Windoes NT.

Multiple users are running a copy of the same workbook. These users ar
located in different buildings, with internet access. When a use
changes data on specific worksheet I want their changes to be reflecte
on the same worksheet on another users machine.

Example:

"User A" in building "A" changes data in cell "A1" of worksheet
"Status".

"User B" in Building "B" sees the changes in cell "A1" of worksheet
"Status" on their machine.

It would kind of be like collaboration over the internect but each use
would be using their own copy of the same workbook instead of makin
changes to a single workbook.

Is this possible using VBA or am I going to have to look to VB or C++?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For at least 2003, there a provision to track changes
from copies of the "same" workbook and then eith acept or
reject the changes individually. Never done it, only read
about it in "Excel 2003, Step by Step." This is written
by Microsoft Press, ISBN 0-7356-1518-7. It can track who,
what, when of changes in individual files and allow
a "master" to accept or eject the changes.
Multiple users are running a copy of the same workbook.

These users are
located in different buildings, with internet access.

When a user
changes data on specific worksheet I want their changes

to be reflected
on the same worksheet on another users machine.

Example:

"User A" in building "A" changes data in cell "A1" of

worksheets
"Status".

"User B" in Building "B" sees the changes in cell "A1"

of worksheets
"Status" on their machine.

It would kind of be like collaboration over the

internect but each user
would be using their own copy of the same workbook

instead of making
changes to a single workbook.

Is this possible using VBA or am I going to have to look

to VB or C++?

Thanks in advance.

---

.