Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LSB LSB is offline

Default Cell Address

Hello Experts,

I would like to know how can I obtain the cell address in
integer format. For example, now when I use to get the
address function I will get a return something
like "$F$4", if I were to use the addresslocal function
with false columnabsolute and rowabsolute attributes, I
will get F4.

How can I get a return of the format like ..cells(2,5)
for example?

Can somebody please help.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE...

LSB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The following example might have been more on target if it related
to the line of code you wanted to change, but the following
should show you what you need.

msgbox activecell.address -- $F$4
msgbox activecell.address(0,0) -- F4
msgbox activecell.row -- 4
msgbox activecell.column -- 6

---
HTH,

"LSB" wrote in message ...
Hello Experts,

I would like to know how can I obtain the cell address in
integer format. For example, now when I use to get the
address function I will get a return something
like "$F$4", if I were to use the addresslocal function
with false columnabsolute and rowabsolute attributes, I
will get F4.

How can I get a return of the format like ..cells(2,5)
for example?

Can somebody please help.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE...

LSB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lsb,

I would like to know how can I obtain the cell address in
integer format.

Dim lRow as Long
Dim iCol as Integer
lRow=Activecell.Row