Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Offset function with merged cells

Hi,

I have 6 cells in a row. I have merged them in groups of 3, to form 2
largers cells. The cells a

H1 and K1

H1 is the merger of H1, I1, J1
K1 is the merger of K1, L1, N1

Now i want to use the Offset function to refer to K1 from H1.

I tried

Range("H1").offset(0,1)
and also
Range("H1").offset(0,3)

but both didn't get me to K1.

Its soemthing to do with Merged Cells and the Offset Function I think.

Any ideas?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This worked for me...

'THIS RETURNS THE VALUE IN K1 IF H1:J1 ARE MERGED
Sub Tester()
MsgBox Range("H1").Offset(0, 1).Value
Range("H1").Offset(0, 1).Select

Rocky McKinley