librarynut

Default Error in sum function when using merged cells

Help! I recently discovered an error in my shipping worksheet. I
sometimes need to merge certain cells when I am combining items from
different purchase orders into the same shipment. However, when I
totaled the column (SUM) containing the merged cells, it delivers a
wrong answer.

Specifically column F and column H that contain the merged cells don't
add up correctly. Column F is +1 more than it should be. Column H is
+125 more than it should be.

I have been using this feature for about 6 months, and this is the
first time it did this. Any ideas why the error?

|Filename: Sample book.txt |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3812 |

librarynut
librarynut's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7149