Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Renaming a standard module

Hey guys

how do I manually rename a standard module? I have allot
of modules with the naming scheme
of "Module1", "Module2", "Module3" and so on...

Thanx

Todd Huttenstine
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Todd

Do that in the Propeties window, (Name) field, down left in the VBE (or
display it with the View menu if absent).

And get yourself a stiff new years drink -bet you deserve a couple after
this week's activity ;-)

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

"Todd Huttenstine" skrev i melding
Hey guys

how do I manually rename a standard module? I have allot
of modules with the naming scheme
of "Module1", "Module2", "Module3" and so on...

Thanx

Todd Huttenstine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Todd,

To add to the excellent advice that you've already been given...
It's not a good idea to name a module with the same name
as a sub within that module.
Can cause a lot of headaches.

John

"Todd Huttenstine" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've spent far too much time repairing my own lousy code written at times
where I was too exhausted to work properly. Nowadays I never ever work more
than 12 hours on any day, no matter how long ago the deadline might have
been. There's zero quality to my work after that so it just isn't worth it.

But I'm old. My capacity was different in my twenties. Or perhaps I just
like to think it was :-) Happy new year !