Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Universaly available macros

In Excel 2002, how do you make a macro available to all
spreadsheets (not just new ones) that are opened? I have
added a button to the toolbar that runs the macro, but it
only runs on the workbook that it resides in. In older
versions you added it to personal.xls, but I'm not sure
how to do it in 2002. I don't have book.xlt on my machine
either, so can't use that.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Andrew!

You still record it in your Personal.xls
You can see if it currently booted up using Window Unhide

If you previously had one you can search for it using Explorer

But in preference you might prefer converting your favorites to an
Addin as that makes them easily portable to another computer.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

available free to good homes.
"Andrew J" wrote in message
In Excel 2002, how do you make a macro available to all
spreadsheets (not just new ones) that are opened? I have
added a button to the toolbar that runs the macro, but it
only runs on the workbook that it resides in. In older
versions you added it to personal.xls, but I'm not sure
how to do it in 2002. I don't have book.xlt on my machine
either, so can't use that.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Norman, but I don't have personal.xls. Unhide is
disabled also.

You still record it in your Personal.xls
You can see if it currently booted up using Window

Unhide

If you previously had one you can search for it using

Explorer

But in preference you might prefer converting your

favorites to an
Addin as that makes them easily portable to another

computer.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
Sydney, Australia

Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax

and Arguments)
available free to good homes.
"Andrew J" wrote in

message
In Excel 2002, how do you make a macro available to all
spreadsheets (not just new ones) that are opened? I

have
added a button to the toolbar that runs the macro, but

it
only runs on the workbook that it resides in. In older
versions you added it to personal.xls, but I'm not sure
how to do it in 2002. I don't have book.xlt on my

machine
either, so can't use that.

Thanks in advance

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Andrew!

Good. We know where we are now.

If you don't have a personal.xls you can create one.

Tools Macro
Record new Macro
Select personal macro workbook in the dialog that follows
Do a format of a cell
Stop recording
Alt + F11

You can now select Personal.xls in the project explorer
Save
You can delete the test macro that you recorded.

You now have a Personal.xls file that should open every time that you
open Excel.

As a test, you might close Excel and Re-open and you should see that
the unhide menu is now available and that if you select it you will
see the Personal.xls is listed.

--

"Andrew J" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Andrew!

Great! Thanks for thanks is always appreciated and gives Google
Searchers the knowledge that things work.

Seasons Greetings

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)