Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Decimal Symbol

Is there a way, to change the "Decimal Symbol" character
in Control panel/Regional Settings, using VBA.
I need to do this because I have workbooks that are going
to be seen in Europe, USA, and LatinAmerica, and I am
generating PDF files for them, so I don't have chance to
send them Excel Files and I need to convert the Excel File
previously to the PDF generation,
I wish I could change the "Decimal Separator" and
the "Digit Grouping Symbol" directly from VBA to generate
the PDF file, and then return it to my own settings in my
computer.

If you are going to suggest me that I use Format, I prefer
to seek for some System DLL library to chagnge the
settings because there are a tons of Graphics, sheets and
Equations.
Thanks in advance
Francisco Mariscal

fcomariscal at hotmail dot com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think I understand the question. In Excel XP, one can do the
following. Would this help?

Sub Demo()
[A1].Style = "Comma"
[A1] = 12345.678
With Application
.DecimalSeparator = "?"
.ThousandsSeparator = ""
.UseSystemSeparators = False
End With
End Sub

Sub RecoverFromPanic()
With Application
.DecimalSeparator = "."
.ThousandsSeparator = ","
.UseSystemSeparators = True
End With
End Sub

--
Dana DeLouis
Using Windows XP & Office XP

" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many thanks for your tip. It looks easy, but there are so many parameters in
VBA...

I'll keep repeating it, but the problem is that nobody in the World, and
certainly not software vendors, endeavours to propose a World-standard
system. The same goes for the expression of dates.

Regards