Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating a new Excel Addin

These questions are probably simple, but i'm learning as i go. I want
to create an excel addin. I have the code for the functions i want to
use from playing around with another addin. I want to create a new
one to which i can attach my own toolbar with custom buttons. So my
first question is how to create a new excel addin? My second question
is how to attach a toolbar to an addin? Or, alternatively, how do i
put a custom FaceID on a toolbar i create using VBA code?

Thank you,
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This file might be a help:

It contains a workbook that shows how to create an interactive add-in
controlled by a toolbar.
The toolbar is created when the add-in is loaded, and deleted when the
add-in is closed.

http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/excel_addin.htm
The code is open and commented.

--

Regards
Andy Wiggins

"Michael Lawrence Jr." wrote in message
om...
These questions are probably simple, but i'm learning as i go. I want
to create an excel addin. I have the code for the functions i want to
use from playing around with another addin. I want to create a new
one to which i can attach my own toolbar with custom buttons. So my
first question is how to create a new excel addin? My second question
is how to attach a toolbar to an addin? Or, alternatively, how do i
put a custom FaceID on a toolbar i create using VBA code?

Thank you,
Mike

#REF when creating an Addin stewdizzle Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 4th 07 06:07 AM
What is an addin (in Excel) and how can we create one? shajueasow Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 17th 05 04:08 AM
Remove Excel AddIn from AddIn List !! Help carl Excel Programming 2 December 8th 03 03:36 PM
Excel Addin Yishi Excel Programming 1 November 12th 03 08:30 PM
Excel COM Addin vik Excel Programming 0 November 4th 03 10:19 PM