Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default AddInError Excel97 -- ExcelXP

I have a Excel97 doc with a boat load of VBA code. There are no Add-Ins. When it is opened in ExcelXP, I get a tiny error dialog that says: AddInError

Real informative huh?

I've seen a similar error when opening Excel97 doc in Excel95. That pointed to an the 97 automation reference not found in Excel95.

This error does not affect any functionality in the app, but it looks questionable to my users.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, there is some AddIn code in the vba stuff. Basically when i wrote this thing in 97 I tried to support 95. Becasue 95 didn't have custom views, I needed the folowing code to run in 95:

For Each ad In Application.AddIns
AIname = ad.Name
If AIname = "VIEWS.XLA" Then AddIns("View Manager").Installed = True
If AIname = "REPORTS.XLA" Then AddIns("Report Manager").Installed = True
RW = RW + 1
Next

I still can't see what is causing my problem on startup. Could it be the custom views?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sca2003 Read This First wrote:
I still can't see what is causing my problem on startup. Could it be the custom views?

Can you not step through the code to find out where the problem is coming from?
At least put a Stop statement at the start of Auto_Open and then if you get the error
before the Stop you know it is some workbook other than yours that is being loaded and
reporting the error. From the Stop statement you can step on to see which statement
gives the error.

If you don't need some statements in Excel 97 then

If Val(Application.Version)<8 Then
'.... statements for 95 and below
End If

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup