Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Drop Down Information

I have a director who wants to be able to click on an
employee's name and have there hr information drop down
from there. I've entered all the data into a
spreadsheet. However, he doesn't want to see all the
data at one time. He wants to be able to click on an
employee name and view chart string info, pay info, etc.
Some individuals are paid from several sources and should
have multiple drop down rows. I'm not sure how to set
this up with excel. Can anyone help?!?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If your data is arranged as a table with headings, with the employee
name entered in each row, you can use an AutoFilter
(DataFilterAutoFilter) to view specific data.

From the dropdown list in the heading of the Employee name column,
select any name, and you'll see only that data.

There's some information he

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish