Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Showing information according to a selection in a drop down box

I have created a drop down box and within the drop down box there are product
names. for example I will use Apple, Orange and a Pear.
When I select Apple in the drop down list I want its price to appear in the
box to the right of it, and also if I selected an orange it would show its
price in the same box.
How would I go about doing this
If you could explain it using prices
Apple £1.00
Orange £1.50
Pear £2.00

I want to use this so I can create lots of drop d own lists of lots of item
types, then I can add all the prices up acording to what items are selected.

I would be greatful for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Look into Debra web

if this helps please click yes, thanks

"Callum W" wrote:

I have created a drop down box and within the drop down box there are product
names. for example I will use Apple, Orange and a Pear.
When I select Apple in the drop down list I want its price to appear in the
box to the right of it, and also if I selected an orange it would show its
price in the same box.
How would I go about doing this
If you could explain it using prices
Apple £1.00
Orange £1.50
Pear £2.00

I want to use this so I can create lots of drop d own lists of lots of item
types, then I can add all the prices up acording to what items are selected.

I would be greatful for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Take a look at XL's help file on VLOOKUP and LOOKUP (you will need to create
a table somewhere listing your products and prices).
--
Best Regards,

Luke M