Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
denhar

Default Default Information Showing Up

I Designed A Spreadsheet Which Has Today's Date In Column A, Purchased
Date In Column D, Difference Between The Two Dates In Column E, And
Column F Determines If The Item Is Still Under Warranty Or Needs To Be
Referred To The Service Department (1 Year Warranty). My Formula Works
Great Because It Calculates The Difference In Today's Date And The
Purchase Date, It Decides If It Is Less Than Or More Than 365 Days, If
Less, It Reflects The Word "warranty" In Column F And Highlights In
Blue And If More, It Reflects The Word "service" In Column F And
Highlights In Red. Now ... Here Is My Dilemma. When I Copy The
Formula Down To The Rest Of The Spreadsheet So I Can Send To My
Facilities Manager, It Defaults Column F To Warranty. Granted, If I
Enter Information And It Should Be Service, It Changes, But It Shows
Warranty All The Way Down The Spreadsheet When There Is Nothing Entered
Yet On The Blank Rows. How Do I Get It To Not Put Anything In These
Rows Until There Are Dates Entered.

--
denhar
denhar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24089

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

Well, likely, your formula is something like =if((d1-a1)<365,"Warranty","")
It needs to be something like
=if(isblankd(a1),"",if(d1-a1)<364,"Warranty","")
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"denhar" wrote in
message ...

I Designed A Spreadsheet Which Has Today's Date In Column A, Purchased
Date In Column D, Difference Between The Two Dates In Column E, And
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
denhar

No, my formula is:
=IF((A2-D2)365,"SERVICE","WARRANTY")

--
denhar
denhar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24089
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504279

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

Okay, so...
=if(isblankd(a2),"",if(a2-d2)365,"Service","Warranty","")
If D column is filled in before A column, you may need this:
=if(or(isblank(a2),isblank(d2)),"",if(a2-d2)365,"Service","Warranty","")
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com