Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Creating a drop down which causes information to appear.

I have a spreadsheet with different information for several countries.

I'd like to create a dropdown of all the countries, so when a country is
selected only that inforamtion appears.

I do not know if this is possible, or how to go about doing it, but anything
information would be extremly helpful.

Thanks

I'm using Excel Vista
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Refer the below link on VLOOKUP() ...

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"kat21" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with different information for several countries.

I'd like to create a dropdown of all the countries, so when a country is
selected only that inforamtion appears.

I do not know if this is possible, or how to go about doing it, but anything
information would be extremly helpful.

Thanks

I'm using Excel Vista

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Suppose the information is as follows in cell A1 to D4.
Country USA IND FRA
USA USA_city1 IND_city1 FRA_City1
IND USA_city2 IND_city2 FRA_City2
FRA USA_city3 IND_city3 FRA_City3

The first row represents heading. Give a name to cell a2:a4 say "Country".
Give Name "USA" to range b2:b4, "IND" to c2:c4 and "FRA" to d2:d4.

Now select any other cell say B11, where u want drop down menu of country.
So here put data validation, select list and in source give "=Country".
Now come to cell B12 where u want to have the information based on country
which is selected in cell B11. So in B12 again put data validation, select
list and in source put "=indirect(B11).
Now in B12 it will show only city names for the country which u have
selected in cell B11.

The most important thing which u have to remember here is the NAME given to
country city ranges should be same which is coming in country range. Like
here in A2 to A4 is USA, IND, FRA. And u have given the same name to range
b2:b4, C2:c4 and D2:d4 respectively.

for all above formulas ignore the inverted commas "",

Hope it will serve your purpose.

Regards
Vijay

"kat21" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with different information for several countries.

I'd like to create a dropdown of all the countries, so when a country is
selected only that inforamtion appears.

I do not know if this is possible, or how to go about doing it, but anything
information would be extremly helpful.

Thanks

I'm using Excel Vista

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Aug 21, 8:47�am, kat21 wrote:
<snip
I'm using Excel Vista

Don't know about Excel Vista, but Excel 97 I do . . .

1 Somewhere on the worksheet put the list values in one column as
consecutive rows.

2 Select the cell to display the drop-down list.

3 Select Data Validation Settings.

4 Select "List" from the allow drop-down

5 Ensure "In Cell Dropdown is checked

6 With the cursor in the "Source" entry box, select all the list you
have previously filled in 1

7 Click OK..

Alan Lloyd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DataFilterAutofilter will do that for you.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP