Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Several versions of Excel on same PC / same user?

I have developed an application in VBA in Excel 2003, and when testing
it on the customer's PC, with Excel 2000, we ran into some trouble.

Does anyone know if I can install Excel 2000 on my PC (running Win XP
Pro SP1), even though I already have Excel 2003 on that PC? For
testing purposes of course.

If not, is it an option to make a new user profile and have this one
running Excel 2000?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
-NorTor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No...registry entries are made to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which affect every
user.

You could however partition your hardrive and have two of the same OS's but
differing Office's...but that's unreasonable.
You could have two pc's in your work area, (networked of course) to run the
testing, and forsee the incompatablity.
You could run Remote Desktop Connection on your xp box, and connect to
another computer elsewhere in your network (other computer must have XP at
least).
You could research winvnc and use that instead of terminal services/Remote
Desktop.

But these are hardware answers, I'b be willing to bet that there's some
software you could buy, to test the compatablity.

"NorTor" wrote in message
<<snip
If not, is it an option to make a new user profile and have this one
running Excel 2000?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have a problem with a client that has users with xl95 so I have to write
the program in xl95. I have an xp home machine with xl95, xl97sr2, and
xl2002 all on the same machine. Of course, you do not install in the same
directory and it's best to install the oldest first. My computer came with
xl2002 and I installed xl95 and then xl97 and have had no problems. Best you
develop the program in the older version.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"NorTor" wrote in message
I have developed an application in VBA in Excel 2003, and when testing
it on the customer's PC, with Excel 2000, we ran into some trouble.

Does anyone know if I can install Excel 2000 on my PC (running Win XP
Pro SP1), even though I already have Excel 2003 on that PC? For
testing purposes of course.

If not, is it an option to make a new user profile and have this one
running Excel 2000?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
-NorTor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Thank you so much!

Thank you both of you.
I will try to have two versions (different directories of course).
If that does not work out, I can run excel 2000 on another PC in my
LAN.

Best regards,
-NorTor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nortor

You can have more than one version on the same computer on same profile.

Order of installation is from oldest to newest.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP