Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HELP!! Populate text in single XL field, or bulk copy text into 1 field

Instead of giving you what I am doing in pieces, I would lke to give you
the big picture, so you can see what we are trying to accomplish. I
included my data files in the attached Winzip document. We need this
today, so thank you in advance for your help!

1. I created some sample data into a spreadsheet (Mail Merge
Data.xls)

2. I then took our html template, and placed in mail merge fields into
the document (Mergefield1.doc)

3. I did a Mail Merge, and generated a new document (Form Letter.doc)
This document contains two instances of mail merged html. (The text is
coming from 1 document)

4. I then save Form Letter.doc into a Ascii text file (Notepad) -
Form
Letter.txt

5. Then, utilizing bdcrisps macro, I was able to insert this text into
a single cell, but I need two things to happen
a. I need each new instance of the code to go into the
following cell
for example, I need the first set of html data needs to go into cell
D2, the next set of html into cell D3,D4, D5.......etc.
b. When the lines are copying into the cell, I need the data to
remain
in it's original format. I will be saving the imported data into a
tab
delimited text file, prior to uploading to my online auction software.
When
I tried to save the worksheet as tab delimited text file, after running
the
Macro, there were tabs in between the html text. A good example is
attached
(macro vs copy and paste.txt) The data imported by the macro has tabs,
and
the data that i did a copy and paste on has no tabs)

BTW: This is bdcrisps macro

Sub gethtml()
fn = "c:\test.htm"
Open fn For Input As #1
Do While Not EOF(1)
Line Input #1, a
Cells(1, 1).Value = Cells(1, 1).Value + Chr$(13) + a
Loop
Close #1

End Sub

Thank you again for your help
Natasha Cooks

PS. As another option, we would also like to see if we can do a bulk
copy and paste. We are just trying to keep this from being so labor
intensive. Best regards.

| Attachment filename: excelauctiondata.zip |
|Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=377661|