Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Functions not executing in Excel 2000

I recently upgraded from Office 97 to 2000. I brought all
my spreadsheets into 2000 and they worked fine. Now that
it's coming on the new year, I had to make a few changes
for 2004. When I make a new sheet and input new formulas,
they work as usual the first time. When I adjust the
formula in any way, suddenly the formula won't execute. It
becomes text in the cell. I checked the formula bar to see
if the lookup is executing properly and it indicates the
proper lookups but there is nothing in the cell on my
sheet- just the written formula. It won't disappear and it
won't give the answer in the cell. It's like it becomes
unexecutable text after I edit the first time. What am I
missing? I just want to update my old spreadsheets. Am I
missing some global setting? Please help because I'm dead
in the water unless I go back to 97 to make new sheets.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But make sure you do it *before* you edit the cells :-)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03

Newsgroups - Where you really can get a free lunch!!

"Philip Edwards" wrote:

I recently upgraded from Office 97 to 2000. I brought all
my spreadsheets into 2000 and they worked fine. Now that
it's coming on the new year, I had to make a few changes
for 2004. When I make a new sheet and input new formulas,
they work as usual the first time. When I adjust the
formula in any way, suddenly the formula won't execute. It
becomes text in the cell. I checked the formula bar to see
if the lookup is executing properly and it indicates the
proper lookups but there is nothing in the cell on my
sheet- just the written formula. It won't disappear and it
won't give the answer in the cell. It's like it becomes
unexecutable text after I edit the first time. What am I
missing? I just want to update my old spreadsheets. Am I
missing some global setting? Please help because I'm dead
in the water unless I go back to 97 to make new sheets.

---