Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default EXCEL 2000 - COPY & PASTE FUNCTIONS!

Hello,

How do you copy and paste a function from one cell to another cell in
the same workbook?

This is what I'm tring to do if cell D8 has a date 7/12/2006 then in B1
- B25 I would like to paste the function =D8.

When I type the function =D8 in cell B1 then I select B2 - B25 and
Paste or Paste Special it changes the Function to in cell B2 =D9, B3
=D10, B4 =D11 it increments by one in the next cell.

How can I copy and paste a function from D8 to B1 - B25 without the
function incrementing in each cell?

Thank you for your help,
James Cooper

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rcc rcc is offline

=D$8

Use the '$' to keep rows or columns from changing when you select multiple
of them.

" wrote:

Hello,

How do you copy and paste a function from one cell to another cell in
the same workbook?

This is what I'm tring to do if cell D8 has a date 7/12/2006 then in B1
- B25 I would like to paste the function =D8.

When I type the function =D8 in cell B1 then I select B2 - B25 and
Paste or Paste Special it changes the Function to in cell B2 =D9, B3
=D10, B4 =D11 it increments by one in the next cell.

How can I copy and paste a function from D8 to B1 - B25 without the
function incrementing in each cell?

Thank you for your help,
James Cooper

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello rcc,

Thank you for your quick response and help! The function works great!

Thank you,
Jamres Cooper