mmiazga

Default In Excel, how do you copy and paste just the subtotals into anoth.

When I have a spreadsheet with subtotals, sometimes I just want to copy the
subtotals into another sheet and forget about what is being summed to give me
the subtotal. How do I copy and paste only the subtotals.
JulieD

Hi

if you're talking about the situation where if rows are hidden (through the
data / subtotals function) when you select just the subtotals and copy &
paste them onto another sheet all the hidden rows come too, if so:

collapse the outline so only the subtotals are visible
select the area containing the subtotals and then choose
edit / goto and click the special button
choose visible cells only and click OK
now copy & paste as normal

Cheers
JulieD

"mmiazga" wrote in message
When I have a spreadsheet with subtotals, sometimes I just want to copy
the
subtotals into another sheet and forget about what is being summed to give
me
the subtotal. How do I copy and paste only the subtotals.

Peo Sjoblom

Shrink the range with the minus buttons so you only see the subtotals, select
the range, press F5 and select visible cells only, copy and paste

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"mmiazga" wrote:

When I have a spreadsheet with subtotals, sometimes I just want to copy the
subtotals into another sheet and forget about what is being summed to give me
the subtotal. How do I copy and paste only the subtotals.

yahoo

Hi

This works well - but
when you subtotal excel inserts the word 'total' on the same line - as
in theis example 'company name'

How can I remove the word total?

In my case I am subtotaling by invoice number - after I subtotal it
states '123456 total' - 123456 = invoice number

When I do the special copy/paste below the '123456 total' is pasted on
a new line - but I cannot have the word total there - becuase I need
to upload the invoice number as format number into another program

How can I get rid of the word total?

Thanks

"mmiazga" wrote in message
When I have a spreadsheet with subtotals, sometimes I just want to copy
the
subtotals into another sheet and forget about what is being summed to give
me
the subtotal. How do I copy and paste only the subtotals.

JulieD

Hi

as you're already copying and pasting onto the next row - to remove the word
total i would just use
edit / replace
in the find box type
total
(with a space in front of it)
and in the replace box don't type anything
now do a "replace all" and see if this gives you what you want.

Cheers
JulieD