Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default move '-' from back to front???

I often get receive data in the form 100- which tells me that the value
is negative 100.

In order to use this data properly i need to have the '-' at the front
so it can be treated as a number.

Can anyone tell me how i can create a macro to do this - it would be
much appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jack,

This code does it for the active cell. Just adapt to the range of cells
applicable

With ActiveCell
.Value = Right(.Value, 1) & Left(.Value, Len(.Value) - 1)
End With

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"jack27" wrote in message

I often get receive data in the form 100- which tells me that the value
is negative 100.

In order to use this data properly i need to have the '-' at the front
so it can be treated as a number.

Can anyone tell me how i can create a macro to do this - it would be
much appreciated

~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to

creating financial statements

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 08:25:21 -0600, jack27
wrote:

I often get receive data in the form 100- which tells me that the value
is negative 100.

In order to use this data properly i need to have the '-' at the front
so it can be treated as a number.

Can anyone tell me how i can create a macro to do this - it would be
much appreciated

If you have Excel 2002, you can use the Data/Text to Columns wizard

--ron