Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is this possible in excel 2000? - Excel doesn't quit when using a particular file

In one of the applications that i have designed ,i store a set of
macros in a common excel file and use it to format a set of input
files.I open the excel sheet containing the macro and then use it to
format the input files and save them.Whenever a macro was run from the
file initally( few months back) excel 2000 wouldn't crash.But nowadays
excel crashes whenever i use the macro file even for a single macro
i.e excel instance remains even after my application,which is using
excel ,uses application.quit method.The application is coded in vb
6.0.

The input excel files are intially in excel 95 format before macros
are run on them.

This crash is experienced only is one of my client's machine.It's
configuration is
OS: Win 2000 server sp4
Excel : Excel 2000
Exe from VB 6.0

I tried to see if this is possible in my enviroment.This time excel
didn't crash.My enviroment is
OS: Win 2000 prof sp3
Excel : Excel 2000
Exe from VB 6.0

To really check where the crash was i tried to transfer the macros
from the macro file to a new macro file.This time excel didn't
crash(in my client's machine ) .It quit succesfully.This is strange
considering the fact that if the file was corrupted it should have
thrown some other kind of error in my enviroment also, but didn't.Does
anyone has any ideas on why this would happen.Would welcome your
ideas/suggestions (I would just like to know the reason )

With regards
Gopal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure if that's the case, but I had similar problems and Tom Ogilvy
recommended me to use Code Cleaner (free tool - he
http://www.microsoft.com/europe/vba/...loads/125.htm). It
basically exports all your code to text files, creates a new, clean
spreadsheet and imports the code back. That way you get rid of the
corruption accumulated during the programming, crashes, etc. It did miracles
for me, hopefully will work for you too.

RADO

"gopalan" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rado,

Luckily ,(i guessed that macro file must be the source of error ) i
did exactly what this tool did {:-)} and got it back to work.Anyway
thanks for the information about the tool.

With Regards
Gopal