Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I copy formatted text from an Excel textbox into an IE .htm document ?

Thanks to Jake Marx who has come up with a brilliant piece of code in
this NG I am now able to call Internet Explorer via an Excel button.
We have around 1,000 text boxes, and within each textbox formatted
text - different font sizes, colours, and carriage returns.

At the moment we are copying and pasting all this stuff manually in to
an .htm document in, and then reformatting it also in Word. Does any
one know a way of automating this hugely laborious task ? We are able
to use a For - Next loop to get at every textbox, but what should go
into the loop, please ?

TIA - Charles Jordan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Charles,

It's not clear exactly what you're doing (missed your previous posts). Do
you want to open an html page in IE and then transfer some information to
textboxes within the page?

Need more details...

tim

"Charles Jordan" wrote in message
m...
Thanks to Jake Marx who has come up with a brilliant piece of code in
this NG I am now able to call Internet Explorer via an Excel button.
We have around 1,000 text boxes, and within each textbox formatted
text - different font sizes, colours, and carriage returns.

At the moment we are copying and pasting all this stuff manually in to
an .htm document in, and then reformatting it also in Word. Does any
one know a way of automating this hugely laborious task ? We are able
to use a For - Next loop to get at every textbox, but what should go
into the loop, please ?

TIA - Charles Jordan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tim Williams" <saxifrax@pacbell*dot*net wrote in message ...
[...]

Tim, thanks.

(1) In each (of many) Excel workbooks, we have say 30 dialogsheets
(named "A1" to "A30", each with an embedded textbox.
(2) Each textbox holds a header line of Navy Blue 14 pt arial (such as
"Step 4 - increase the interest rate"), followed by a blank line (to
create a white space under the header), followed by say 3 paragraphs
of 11 point black arial text.

(3) We want to take the first of these dialogsheets, (named "A1"),
copy and paste the text into an .htm document we are creating in Word
(named "Help.htm". Then we want to reformat it to look just like the
source textbox.

(4) Then we want to leave another white blank line in "Help.htm", and
under it paste "A2" 's contents

It's quite easy to do manually, but it takes for ever and there are
altogether over 1,000 textboxes. Finally (which part is successfully
solved thanks to this NG) we want to call the "Help.htm" via an Excel
button.

Any ideas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok - more details but I'm still not entirely clear. When you say
dialogsheets do you mean the old "forms" used prior to the introduction of
"userforms" in Excel, or just worksheets?

If you would like to continue this off-line, you can mail me an example
workbook (note my e-mail needs unmunging...)

Tim.

"Charles Jordan" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim - thanks. I have been trying to e-mail you all day at various
flavours of Saxifrax with no success. Please let me know how I can
contact you to send you the sample workbook. We are most grateful -