Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inserting specific data into moving cells

Hi,

Can someone give any ideas on the best way to insert data, sometime
just text and sometimes formulas in certain cells in a worksheet usin
a macro. The tricky bit of this is that these cells although always i
the same column are never in the same row because of the data bein
imported from a dynamic database.

The good part of this problem is that in the spreadsheet there i
always a reference for where and what I want to insert.

I have attached a spreadsheet at least I think I have) with a littl
example of what im talking about if you care to have a little look.

Cheers,

Ma

| Attachment filename: example of data.xls
|Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=368256

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry Max, no attachments please.

Post back with details of where these references are, what
format they are in and the potential sizes of your data.

Pete.

Can someone give any ideas on the best way to insert

data, sometimes
just text and sometimes formulas in certain cells in a

worksheet using
a macro. The tricky bit of this is that these cells

although always in
the same column are never in the same row because of the

data being
imported from a dynamic database.

The good part of this problem is that in the spreadsheet

there is
always a reference for where and what I want to insert.

I have attached a spreadsheet at least I think I have)

with a little
example of what im talking about if you care to have a

little look.

Cheers,

Max

+------------------------------------------------------

----------+
| Attachment filename: example of

data.xls |
|Download attachment:

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=368256|
+------------------------------------------------------

----------+

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well it goes a little like this.

in the spreadsheet i have six categories of data. These will normall
take up between 20 and 100 rows each. Between each each category o
data there are 4 blank rows.

My macro already sorts the categories of data by using column D, wher
I have an IF function sorting data into number categories, i.e
1,2,3,4,5 & 6. Therefore each row of data is categorised with one o
these numbers.

I would like to insert a title for each category of data in column
but I don't know what row it will be in. 1,2,3,4,5,6 = a text name e.g
1 =North America.

I Would then like to make a Totals cell with of all the numerical dat
in a category. These numbers are always in column C but once again
don't know which row it might end up at.

Cheers,

Ma