Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Format dates

Hi all,
I have an access Query that I output to excel. There are
two fields that I want to change the format to
(mm/dd/yyyy) once the excel file opens. What is the code I
shall use in VBA editor in Excel to accomplish this?? What
shall I do once I write the code in Excel, so the excel
file opens with the format I specified??
Thanks in advance
Tamer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tamer

As your Access export is a new workbook each time, then
you wont be able to have a workbook_open event trigger
the code. You could code this within your personal.xls,
and run code to do it, but this would need to be executed
from within Excel after opening.

your other alternative is to include within your Access
database a module, and code, to do the complete task for
you. In other words,

run the query
automate the export
format the date columns as you would like them.

Another alternative is to do the formatting within the
query, and then export.

Steve

.