Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sharing custom forms

I have just started experimenting with VBA and have created a custom form. It
is a fairly basic input form, invoked by a button on a custom toolbar and could
almost have been done using the Form facility. My question is: where can I put
this form and its associated code so that it is shareable by other workbooks.
My instruction book, which has got me this far does not seem to cover libraries
- or are they called something else in Excel?

TIA

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chris
From the VBA editor you can export a form which creates 2 files (.frm .frx)
that can be imported into new applications.

Cheers

"ChrisJForeman" wrote in message
I have just started experimenting with VBA and have created a custom form.

It
is a fairly basic input form, invoked by a button on a custom toolbar and

could
almost have been done using the Form facility. My question is: where can I

put
this form and its associated code so that it is shareable by other

workbooks.
My instruction book, which has got me this far does not seem to cover

libraries
- or are they called something else in Excel?

TIA

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chris

I would be tempted to place the code and Form into an Add-in which would be
available for all workbooks.

ALT + F11 to open VBEditor

Export the Form and Module via R-clickExport to a folder of your choice.

Then, in Excel, Close the original workbook and FileNewWorkbook.

ALT + F11 to open VBEditor.

Select your workbook/project and r-clickImport the Form and Module.

Back to Excel and FileSave assave as TypeMS Excel Add-in(*.xla)

Give it a nice name like MyMacros or similar.

Load the Add-in through ToolsAdd-ins

You can keep adding new macros and Forms to this Add-in.

Also handy if you want others to share the Macro and Form. Just ship them the
MyMacros.xla

Gord Dibben XL2002