Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
famdamly

Default Entering data on custom forms.

1. I just want to make forms on worksheets, link the cells to a data
base for data compilation.

2. I want to use the data collected to create various reports.

3. I want to set up the data to interact with Outlook in various
ways.

I'm not even sure which version of Excel I'm using. I right click on
the Excel icon and check properties and it says it was created in '03
and modified today, when I installed the add-in for the template wizard
which I thought was the answer to my prayers, but when I tried a little
sample. I noticed the data I entered into my worksheet did not transfer
into the data base. Just the field names were there. So I wonder if my
version of Excel is not the right version that will operate the Add in
which said it was for Excel 2002. It downloaded fine and installed
without a problem. It allowed me to set up the data base connection by
letting me choose a cell to be linked to a field name. I followed all
the steps in the wizard. Then I tried entering data into the cells that
the data base was supposed to be linked to but when I checked the data
base- Nothing- just the field names, that's it. I tried it again, and
even saved the workbook with the entry cells, still nothing in the data
base but the field names. Am I missing something? Am I supposed to save
my worksheet as a forms template before it works? I did not find any
instructions with the add in.

I understand Access is an easier program for this, but it can't be
that hard to accomplish this with Excel can it?

--
famdamly
famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29382