Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel - RTD file wont save

I have written an RTD provider which returns data in the
form of a string which is ~10K (One row in a blank
sheet).

After my data is returned and I do a save, Excel takes
several minutes to write an excessively large temporary
save file (about 1GB) then returns a 'The disk is full'
message (even though I have 20GB free) followed by
a 'Document not saved.' message. How can I get my RTD
spreadsheets to save?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ken,

So far as I know on this issue, you may need to write one COM server for receiving RTD data. There is one kb article introducing this which needs the
Office XP and later. Please go to:
Visual Basic
285339 HOWTO: Create a RealTimeData Server for Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=285339

Visaul C++
327215 Create a RealTimeData Server for Excel 2002 or Later with Visual C++
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327215

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Does this answer your question? Thank you for using Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't beleive the problem is in my RTD server. To
reproduce my problem
1) take one of the RTD server projects you mentioned (I
used the V++ one)
2) Modify the RefreshData method to return a long string
(I returned a string of 12000 'x' characters)
3) reference that data via a the RTD function in a single
cell of a workbook.
4) after the data has come back in the RTD cell try to
save the workbook - this should reproduce my problem.

So far as I know on this issue, you may need to write one

COM server for receiving RTD data. There is one kb article
introducing this which needs the
Office XP and later. Please go to:
Visual Basic
285339 HOWTO: Create a RealTimeData Server for Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=285339

Visaul C++
327215 Create a RealTimeData Server for Excel 2002 or

Later with Visual C++
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327215

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further

questions.

Does this answer your question? Thank you for using

Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

confers no rights.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ken,

Thank you for the replying and detailed information about this issue!

We would appreciate your patience while we are looking into this issue. We will post our response at soon as I have update for you.

Thanks for posting to MSDN Managed Newsgroup.