Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Launch Excel in another instance

Level: Intermediate

I am trying to write a piece of code to open another
instance of excel and open a specific workbook when it
does. Say the excel file I want to open is called summary
and the excel file I want to open it from is called
rosters. I need a seperate instance of excel to run
because teh summary sheet is linked to the rosters and I
want to see changes in the summary as I amend the rosters
(two screens on desk).

Can anyone point me in the right direction with a couple
of lines of code? I've tried but I'm sure I'm making
childish schoolboy errors.

Good to have these newsgroups here, they are a tremendous
help to me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use the Shell function. For example,

Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 11\Office11\Excel.exe
C:\book1.xls", vbNormalFocus

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson