Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Searching for VB Code to Link to Program

HELP!!!

I am seeking help on linking to another program from a
message box "OK" button...

I have created a macro that is linked to a check off sheet
so that when the user clicks on a "no" response, a message
box pops up telling them what they need to do. I want to
link the "OK" button to the pathway that takes them to the
application that they need to go to... My code looks like
this...

Sub Formlink()
'make sure we want the report.
answer = Notify("Link Form To Task.")

'If user clicks OK, link to PowerChart.
If anser = vbOK Then
Application.Open_ "M:\WININTEL\DCPtools.exe"
'Standard message box.
Function Notify(msg)
'title.
msgboxTitle = "Directions:"
'buttons and icon.
btns = vbOKCancel
Notify = msgbox(CStr(msg), btns, msgboxTitle)
End Function

Sub Template()
'capture the app
UseTerminalApp
ImportStockFile
FormatStockData
FormatChart
PrintChart

End Sub

It doesn't work...I don't know how to link to an
application from a message box button...

Thanks in advance to anyone!!!

PM_24_7

program link KRK New Users to Excel 4 May 29th 10 12:21 PM
Searching Multiple Timesheets for a project code and then.... Saitei Excel Worksheet Functions 1 May 26th 10 08:11 AM
Is there a way to unload the loaded XLL file in Excel? Hi all, I amdebugging XLL link library using Visual C++. Everytime I rebuild the XLL, Ihave to close the whole Excel program and relaunch the Excel program again,and then load in the newly gene LunaMoon Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 July 28th 08 11:03 PM
VBA code to searching for a folder Farhad Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 September 19th 07 02:47 PM
searching by number or code ina work book justsomeguy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 19th 07 08:55 PM