Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KRK KRK is offline

Default program link

Hello,

I know it's possible to enter a website url into a cell, and then open the
website by clicking on the cell.

Can I do the same thing with one of my own programs? i.e. open a program by
clicking on its name or shortcut in a cell? If so, how ?

Thanks

KK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Go to Insert - Hyperlink (Ctrl+k) and navigate to the file/program you want
to open.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"KRK" wrote in message
Hello,

I know it's possible to enter a website url into a cell, and then open the
website by clicking on the cell.

Can I do the same thing with one of my own programs? i.e. open a program
by clicking on its name or shortcut in a cell? If so, how ?

Thanks

KK

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRK View Post
Hello,

I know it's possible to enter a website url into a cell, and then open the
website by clicking on the cell.

Can I do the same thing with one of my own programs? i.e. open a program by
clicking on its name or shortcut in a cell? If so, how ?

Thanks

KK
yes, you can try shortcuts with macros.

for example,

enter www.yahoo.com in A1 Cell.

then record a macro with short cut Cltr+I (I for India).

hit the link in A1. (www.yahoo.com).

stop the macro recording.

Now use cltr + I. A New yahoo webpage will be opened.

all the best
Thanks
Bala
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers