-   -   program link (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/264790-program-link.html)

KRK

program link

Hello,

I know it's possible to enter a website url into a cell, and then open the
website by clicking on the cell.

Can I do the same thing with one of my own programs? i.e. open a program by
clicking on its name or shortcut in a cell? If so, how ?

Thanks

KK

Luke M[_4_]

program link

Go to Insert - Hyperlink (Ctrl+k) and navigate to the file/program you want
to open.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"KRK" wrote in message
Hello,

I know it's possible to enter a website url into a cell, and then open the
website by clicking on the cell.

Can I do the same thing with one of my own programs? i.e. open a program
by clicking on its name or shortcut in a cell? If so, how ?

Thanks

KK

steve

program link

In 2007 goto insert hyperlink and browse for the program you want to start.
You can also choose to hyperlink to places in your document.

"KRK" wrote in message
Hello,

I know it's possible to enter a website url into a cell, and then open the
website by clicking on the cell.

Can I do the same thing with one of my own programs? i.e. open a program
by clicking on its name or shortcut in a cell? If so, how ?

Thanks

KK

bala_vb

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRK (Post 956747)
Hello,

I know it's possible to enter a website url into a cell, and then open the
website by clicking on the cell.

Can I do the same thing with one of my own programs? i.e. open a program by
clicking on its name or shortcut in a cell? If so, how ?

Thanks

KK

yes, you can try shortcuts with macros.

for example,

enter www.yahoo.com in A1 Cell.

then record a macro with short cut Cltr+I (I for India).

hit the link in A1. (www.yahoo.com).

stop the macro recording.

Now use cltr + I. A New yahoo webpage will be opened.

all the best

KRK

program link - Thanks

Thanks for the help