Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ssr ssr is offline

Default How do I create a summary page?

I am creating an application that has five worksheets where employees enter
various details that need to be followed up at a later date. It is like a
log where I can enter a description and a follow up date and whether the
item has been actioned or not.

What I require is a summary page where I can see a summary of each employees
entries that have been actioned. This would require grabbing the data from
each of the five worksheets and displaying them onto the summary page.

If anyone could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated - if more
info is required please let me know.
Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Simon,

It's simply a matter of setting a reference to a cell in that sheet, such as

=Sheet1!A1

best way to do it IMO is to create a named range on each page to point at
the cell you want to pick up, for example, define the name as
Month1!Total and
Month2!Total
etc (assuming the sheets are called Month1, Month2 etc) pointing at your
total cell, and then in the summary sheet use
=Month1!Total

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ssr" wrote in message
I am creating an application that has five worksheets where employees

enter
various details that need to be followed up at a later date. It is like a
log where I can enter a description and a follow up date and whether the
item has been actioned or not.

What I require is a summary page where I can see a summary of each

employees
entries that have been actioned. This would require grabbing the data from
each of the five worksheets and displaying them onto the summary page.

If anyone could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated - if more
info is required please let me know.
Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ssr ssr is offline

Bob

Thanks heaps for your help - I should have explained it a little clearer
though as its a little bit more in depth than I made out.....

Each employee page has a column, say A, where the employee selects a "Yes"
or "No" for each row of data entered. Therefore column A will be populated
with an infinite number of "Yes" and "No" in no particular set order.

I firstly need to calculate how many times "Yes" occurs for column A and how
many times "No" occurs in that same column (A).

Once I have determined this I need to know the total amounts of times the
"Yes" + "No" has occured in column A.

After I have this information I can then reference it from each employees
sheet to the summary page as you have outlined previously.

If it makes it easier I can send you the file - please let me know if that
will help - and thanks again for your time!

Simon

"ssr" wrote in message
I am creating an application that has five worksheets where employees

enter
various details that need to be followed up at a later date. It is like

log where I can enter a description and a follow up date and whether the
item has been actioned or not.

What I require is a summary page where I can see a summary of each

employees
entries that have been actioned. This would require grabbing the data

from
each of the five worksheets and displaying them onto the summary page.

If anyone could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated - if

more
info is required please let me know.
Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Simon,

not case sensitive but would be sensitive to added spaces.
=CountIF(Sheet1!A:A,"Yes")
=CountIF(Sheet1!A:A,"No")
=CountIF('Jerry MacFergus'!A:A,"Yes")

COUNTIF Worksheet Function
SUMIF Worksheet Function
references: HELP and

Excel Function Dictionary, by Peter Noneley
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley

on John Walkenbach's site:
Tip 74: Summing and Counting Using Multiple Criteria provides a number of examples using SUMIF, COUNTIF, SUM that should solve most
counting and summing problems.
Tip 52: Cell Counting Techniques provides information on counting within a range using: DCOUNT, COUNT, COUNTA, COUNTBLANK, COUNTIF,
and includes one array formula example.

SUMIF Example
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sumif.htm

You might also take a look at