Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Summary page

I am a GM of a restaurant with basic Excel knowledge. Every month I create a
workbook which contains an worksheet for each week. I use this workbook to
track my foodserver's performance in various categories. Each worksheet has
the same order and format as the other weeks - the only difference being the
performance data of the servers. I want to add is a 5th worksheet that
summarizes my Monthly Top 10 and Bottom 10 servers within the various
categories that I am tracking. I would like to print and post this summary
page for the server's reference with each category on the page looking
similar to the following...

TOP 10 in SALES BOTTOM 10 in SALES
1. Amy Smith $7,500 1. Amber Bates $2,200
2. Joe Parker $7,120 2. Mary Wright $2,367
3. etc 3. etc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, I would keep all my data in one worksheet. Add a column that represents
the month (and as many other indicators that you need).

Then I'd use data|Pivottable to get the summary per month (maybe making the date
a page field???).

Then you can rightclick on the field (employee name) and choose field
settings|advanced button|sort ascending and show the top ten.

Second, I wouldn't post the bottom 10. In my experience, the employees who are
singled out like that usually come to resent management and do even less. Why
embarrass them, when you can just praise the others.

Praise in public and criticize in private.

If you want to read more about pivottables...

Here are a few links:

Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
And Debra's own site:

John Walkenbach also has some at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm
(look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Database)

Chip Pearson keeps Harald Staff's notes at:

MS has some at (xl2000 and xl2002):
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/XCrtPiv.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...lconPT101.aspx

--