Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Emailing Sheets

Below is part of a code I am using to send sheets to
specified email addresses using Outlook2000. Everything
works great accept when it goes to email the sheets this
little box pops up with a status bar saying "A program is
trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do
you want to allow this?" I have to wait until the blue
status bar gets to 100% and then I can click YES or NO. I
dont want this box to pop up at all. Is there a way to
send these emails without this popup box asking me if I
want to allow this?

With olmail
.To = cell.Offset(0, 1).Value
.Subject = "Your Stats"
.Body = "Here are your stats, " & cell.Value
.Attachments.Add wb.Path & "\" & wb.Name
.Display
.Send
End With

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Todd,

Sorry about the previous incomplete.

Didn't you ask this question back in Sep? I suggested then that it was a
message arising from your firewall , not something that Excel or VBA would
have control over. Another poster suggested that it was machine specific.

Do you have a firewall?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hey Bob,

Its OK about the incomplete post. No there is no Firewall
and it does this on my computer at home as well. I am
pretty sure there has to be some work around this little
box.

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Todd,

The only time I have encountered it was when I had Agnitum Outpost firewall
on my box. I have a router firewall now so Agnitum is switched off.

Looking at Google, this link might be of some help
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Prevent

--

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this is part of the Outlook security features. It can not be disabled in
Outlook 2000 with the security fix or in in Outlook XP I don't believe.

there is a utility called redemption I believe which allows you to work
around it.

http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/home.htm

Comments by Sue Mosher (http://www.slipstick.com) a well known expert on
Outlook
http://www.winnetmag.com/Windows/Art...411/24411.html

Ron de Bruin has written code that used CDO that may provide a means to mail
without the prompt.

Ron de Bruin's site

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/index.html

an Article by Ron on MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...odc_xlmail.asp

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

We all have this problem and the sages on the web seem to
not be doing the same sorts of things! The new Outlook
and the Windowns XP security patch has anti spamming
mechanisms. There is some code you can copy which invokes
CDO for Windows 2000 which totally circumvents the mail
system. If you go to this url you will find an example:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#file. I have
successfully built a program now which sorts through a
spreadsheet for data that needs updating and bombards the
analysts who can provide the updated data with emails -
it works but you have to copy yourself if you want to
know what the content of you email is. If you post your
email I can start a dialogue outside the user group. David