Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A mouse with a mind of its own

I have an application with several protected worksheets
all of which employ macros. However, there is one
worksheet which, when in protect mode, occasionally
prevents me from entering data in some of the unlocked
cells. When I move the mouse over these cells a "hand"
appears, as occurs when you move over a macro box. By
moving the mouse around the screen, without any clicking,
the familiar white cross eventually reappears over these
cells and data entry is permitted. Sometimes, I can
achieve this by moving out of and back to this worksheet.
Only certain cells are impacted even though they have the
same properties as other unlocked cells.
My only reliable workaround is to leave this worksheet
unprotected.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.